select your color
$249.99 – $2,250.00
upgrade to first class
choose between handmade European leather or Merino Wool for that extra touch of luxury
ultimate luxury, all star safety
Whatever the weather, wherever you are going, the Diono rainier® 2AXT is the car seat you can trust to protect your precious little one with a touch of luxury. The complete car seat system with extra-deep side walls, providing enhanced side impact protection. The full steel frame, extra-deep aluminum reinforced sides matched with sumptuous comfort, and energy absorbing foam deliver best in class protection for your little one. And with extended rear-facing capabilities the rainier® 2AXT accommodates children weighing 5-120 pounds. With a unique low profile design, boarding your child becomes simple and easy. It could be the only car seat you’ll ever need. The Diono rainier® 2AXT takes car seats to a whole other level. We’ve thought of everything so you don’t have to.
car seat installation
why parents love me
< swipe for more >
I am a proud grandmother of twins who turn 2 in January, their cousin who turned 2 in July and am excited to welcome one more baby to the mix in March. I bought 3 of these seats for my use and to offer to my sons if they ever wanted to travel on a plane with the children. The steel construction was a huge selling point for me. Plastic is good, but I wanted the best protection for my grandchildren. I help with the twins often and having the seats readily available in my car is a blessing, and they easily come out and store in my trunk if I need to carry others in my car. The fabric cleans up easily with a damp cloth and I am so happy with my choice.
5-50 lbs / 2.3-22.7 kg
20-65 lbs / 9.1-29.5 kg
50-120 lbs / 22.7-54.4 kg
Seated torso height
8.25-17″ / 21-43.2 cm
Overall maximum height
up to 57″ / 144.8 cm
care & maintenance
Cover machine washable at 86F/30C/Cold
tips and tricks
- read the manual the comes with your car seat
- read the vehicle manual
- find a certified child passenger safety instructor or technician to help you and check your installations
- unfold the Diono car seat before boarding the plane and ask the flight attendant for seatbelt extenders
- make sure to install the car seat next to the window so passengers can get by in case of an emergency
- make sure to take the slack out of the seatbelt extender before connecting to the airplane seatbelt
- first secure the detachable base and slide in the locking mechanism
- adjust the harness to be the proper height for rear facing
- adjust the head support to fit your child properly
folding & unfolding
- to unfold: lay the car seat down on a stable flat surface and undo the velcro strap, tuck it in behind the fabric and open seat until clicked and locked.
- to fold: remove the red velcro strap from behind the fabric and loosen up the harness as much as possible so they are at the top of the car seat. release the lever at the bottom of the car seat and push seat inward - secure the top with the red velcro strap.
right for newborn?
- whether you buy an infant only car seat or an all-in-one convertible car seat, both car seats have to meet the same standard
- seats like the Diono all-in-one convertible car seats come with an infant cushion insert to properly fit your child in the harness
- all-in-one convertibles are more economical - they have a lot of room for growth for your growing child
award winning car seats
baby on board!
Keep the little ones comfortable and positioned well when on the move, and stay one step ahead with cleverly designed accessories.
why parents chose me
Enhanced side impact protection with extra-deep side walls and reinforced adjustable head support
safe and sound
Extended rear-facing capacity 5 to 50lbs. (44″ tall) – enabling your little one to travel in the safest position for that little bit longer!
travel the world
Super portable, folds flat with available carry straps for easy travel and transporting.
Unique SuperLATCH™ system makes installation quick and easy. A versatile top tether for both rear and forward-facing unique car seats.
parents love the rainier® 2AXT!
“I am a proud grandmother of twins who turn 2 in January, their cousin who turned 2 in July and am excited to welcome one more baby to the mix in March. I bought 3 of these seats for my use and to offer to my sons if they ever wanted to travel on a plane with the children. The steel construction was a huge selling point for me. Plastic is good, but I wanted the best protection for my grandchildren. I help with the twins often and having the seats readily available in my car is a blessing, and they easily come out and store in my trunk if I need to carry others in my car. The fabric cleans up easily with a damp cloth and I am so happy with my choice.”
-czaj3152, Baltimore Country MD
“I waited 2 months to receive this seat (very backordered!) and it was so worth it! I was crossing my fingers that it would fit and thankfully it did (with nothing blocking my vision too!). I have a Jetta Sportswagon and it fits no different than my Britax. I purchased this for the longer rear-facing for my son and it was worth the extra money even though I had a wonderful seat I replaced this with (although I was running out of time for rear-facing on it). It’s also super roomy vs. his old seat and the cup holder is an added bonus too. Installation was beyond easy…I couldn’t believe how simple it was. Very thrilled with this seat!”
-stacirs13, Los Angeles LA
can I install the rainier 2AXT 3-across in my car?
Generally, the car seat will not fit 3-across if all the car seats are all the same width. Because the Rainier 2 AXT is 18.5″ (47cm), we recommend using the Diono Radian series of car seats as they have a slimmer profile at 17″ (43.2cm) wide.
can the harness straps be cleaned?
Yes, we recommend using a damp cloth with a solution of water and baking soda to wipe the straps clean. They cannot be saturated in any liquid, or they will need to be replaced. Replacement harness straps can be purchased on our website.
can I use the rainier 2AXT from birth?
Yes, the weight limits on all our convertible car seats starts at 5lbs/2.3kg. The newborn must also meet a length requirement where the top of their shoulders reaches the lowest harness slot on the seat.
are the harness pads and buckle pads required on my seat?
Yes, required while forward-facing. They are optional but recommended while rear-facing. The center buckle pad is required at all times.
can the memory foam be washed?
Yes, it can be hand washed in cold water and air dried.